Sunday, April 3, 2011

Meet Brendan James


What's on my iPod?
Brendan James.

He is a New York-based American singer-songwriter living in New York City but originally from Derry, New Hampshire. He is currently out on tour with Matt White. Their upcoming shows include:
Apr 3PhoenixThe Rhythm Room
Apr 6ClevelandMusica
Apr 7Lawrence, KSThe Bottleneck
Apr 8MinneapolisFine Line Music Cafe
Apr 9Madison, WIHigh Noon Saloon
Apr 10St. LouisFirebird
Apr 11Ann Arbor, MIThe Ark
Apr 12ChicagoS.P.A.C.E.
Apr 14IndianapolisBirdy's Bar and Grill
Apr 15ColumbusA & R Music Bar
Apr 15ColumbusThe Basement-OH
Apr 15ColumbusThe Basement at PromoWest
Apr 16ClevelandMusica
Apr 17PittsburghJoker Productions
Apr 20Londonderry, NHTupelo Music Hall

Brendan is under Universal/Decca Records with two albums under his belt. Make sure to check out his recent album self titled Brendan James on iTunes. It was released September 7, 2010.

Brendan talking about his self titled album. You would be surprised to find out why he did not give it an actual title.
“As a fellow musician, I definitely get that,” Brendan says, “but I actually had a good reason to do it. The album is self-titled because I feel like it’s my first recording that really showcases the different sides of me as a musician. It’s got everything from the mellow to the upbeat, to the somber to the unashamedly positive. My friends know me as the guy who loves to jump in the middle of a pick-up basketball game, but they also know me as the guy who needs to be reminded to stop spiraling when I start thinking about something too deeply. I have a lot of different sides and I wanted to make sure my music reflected that.”

Personally, I love his second album. His voice has this rich, irish, and unique tone you will never forget. It is the perfect type of music to listen to when you want to calm down, relax, and catch your breathe. I even listen to his album in the car with my windows down. It is fun and very catchy. I have to agree with Brendan when he talked about wanting his lyrics to be up front. They are that indeed. Go out and buy his album on iTunes. You won't regret it!


His Facebook

Do you already have this album or just want more of his music? Check out his full listing of music on itunes HERE.


Enjoy. Check out for more music with Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment